I received this from the Denver FAAN Walk chairperson--take a look and see if you might be interested!
It is time to nominate our 2011 Walk for Food Allergy Youth Ambassador!
A reminder that this year's Walk is September 11th and the Ambassador needs to attend the Walk.
Applicants must be 7 or older.....details and application below.
We want someone who can share their experiences in a positive, meaningful way!! The Ambassador Program focuses on the story of a child and their experiences with food allergies at home, in school, and with friends. The Ambassador speaks on behalf of all the local children who live with food allergies.
Applications should be forwarded to me firstname.lastname@example.org May15th. The application is attached.
Please feel free to forward to any and all you know affected by food allergies.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Ambassador Program Fact Sheet
* The Ambassador Program provides an opportunity to increase local awareness and understanding of the effects food allergy and anaphylaxis on children in the local community. The Ambassador Program focuses on the story of a child or panel of children and their experiences with food allergies at home, in school, and with friends. The Ambassador speaks on behalf of all the local children who live with food allergies.
* Ambassadors must be available and willing to share their personal food allergy experiences with the community. Ambassadors may speak at public or organizational events and may be interviewed for radio, television, or print media. FAAN will provide Ambassadors with talking points and key messages for speaking engagements. This commitment will cover the eight–week period leading to the event through the day of the Walk and may include some time after the Walk for follow-up stories.
* Those interested in applying to be an Ambassador for their local FAAN Walk for Food Allergy must submit an application and an essay of 500 words or fewer describing their personal experience with food allergies and anaphylaxis and why they feel they would make the best Ambassador for their community. They should also include any notable public speaking experience.
* The child Ambassador must be at least 7 years old by the submission deadline. A parent Ambassador must have a child with food allergies who is 6 years old or younger by the submission deadline.
* Ambassadors’ expenses, including travel, accommodations, and meals, are the responsibility of the Ambassadors’ families.
If you are interested in looking at the application, please email me and I will forward it to you. Thanks! (email@example.com)