Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Listening

Sometimes those politicians pay a little attention to what's going on in the world. I sent an email expressing my support for School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act, S.1884 to Senator Bennett from Colorado, and I got an ACTUAL NON FORM LETTER response!



Dear Emily:
 
Thank you for contacting me in regards to School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act, S.1884. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
 
Food allergies afflict millions of American children every year and this problem is getting worse - allergic reactions are among the most common causes of costly emergency visits.
 
As former Denver Public School Superintendent, I know firsthand the importance of keeping our kids healthy and ready to learn.  And with allergies affecting more than 6 million children, it is vital that schools are able to quickly and adequately treat allergic reactions. I am pleased that Colorado is in the process of developing food allergy management guidelines to help ensure schools are prepared to treat students experiencing allergic reactions.
 
Introduced by Senator Richard Durbin of Illinois on November 17, 2011, the School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act would ensure that epinephrine is available in schools to help treat students who experience allergic reactions. It would also ensure that school personnel are trained to properly administer epinephrine.  The School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act has been referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. As a member of this Committee, I will keep your thoughts in mind as we consider this legislation.
 
I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.
 
For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/.  Again, thank you for contacting me.
 
 
Sincerely,
 
Michael Bennet
United States Senator
 
Woohoo--maybe we can get this thing passed after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment